Associated Students Inc. opened the election polls for fall 2019 board member positions today, April 15, and will close on Thursday, April 18.
“Last year there was a lot of positions that went uncontested, we want to make sure that each position at least has someone running,” ASI President Nathan Jones “This year there are a lot of positions that have at least two people running, so that’s a good sign.”
Jones said the ASI is hosting series of town hall events with candidates in the Rosa Park’s rooms A-C on April 16 and 17 at 1 p.m.
Students can attend the town hall meetings to listen to ASI presidential candidates Preyansh Kotecha, Damion Square, Garrick Wilhelm and Fernando Lorenzo discuss their goals and vision.
Students can vote online on the ASI website or by visiting the information booth inside of the Cesar Chavez Student Center.
The candidates who are running for a contested position on the ASI board include:
- VP of Finance: Andrew Carrillo and Monique Hilton.
- VP of Social Justice and Equity: Zemaye Jacobs and Akash Sheladiya.
- VP of Internal Affairs: Ivy Tran and Jennifer Beltran.
- VP of External Affairs: Alondra Esquivel Garcia and Xuantong Qian.
- VP of Facilities and Services: Michaela Byrd and Mohit Ashokbhai Lukhi.
- College of Education Representative: Romel Harmon, Aakash Shantilal Thesiya and Francisco Lazo.
- College of Liberal and Creative Arts Representative: Joshua Rudy Ochoa and Smit Prakshkumar Parekh.
- College of Health and Social Science Representative: Edgar Lopez.
- College of Science and Engineering Representative: David Harvey.