Bruno Mars alleged SF State performance a hoax

A few misled fans turned up to Malcom X Plaza at San Francisco State University today hoping for a Bruno Mars performance. No such event took place, and a few suspicious flyers are to blame.

Bruno Mars fans at SF State must’ve had a very confusing day today, as rumors spread around campus that the artist behind “Grenade” would be performing at noon at Malcom X Plaza.

A few scattered flyers posted around campus promised the pop star would be making his SF State debut today, but bore no signage of Mars’ management or promotional team. It was unclear who was responsible for the posters, how they were removed or when.

2 sources have spotted flyers on SFSU just now for free Bruno Mars show tmrw at 12pm Malcolm x plaza. So lets see if true
Prana_Infusion
August 25, 2011
Why is Bruno Mars coming to SFSU this Friday?!
ELDENN223
August 24, 2011
So Bruno Mars is supposed to be at SFSU tomorrow
sonhayo
August 25, 2011
Bruno mars at sfsu better happen today!
KatelynMiller2
August 26, 2011

A few curious onlookers who inquisitively strolled through Malcom X Plaza were indeed greeting by the swooning sounds of Mr. Mars, but not in the way they might’ve expected.

At least one campus club that had set up shop in front of the Cesar Chavez Student Center was blasting Bruno Mars songs, but the man himself was nowhere to be found.

Rafael Martinez, advisor for Leadership, Engagement, Action, Development–the main overseer of clubs and organizations on campus–says that the event was just a hoax.

“Even if it was a real event, it needed to be cleared through us anyway,” said Martinez. “Someone was just trying to blow a few minds.”

Despite the fact that Mars was a no-show, not everyone was excited about him showing up in the first place.

Bruno Mars at sf state. I’d rather go to class.
Quimb_Got_Swag
August 26, 2011