Landis pre trial hearing postponed until January 2015

The pre-trial hearing for former SF State professor Mark Landis was postponed until Jan. 6 due to his absence, said Superior Court Judge Harold Kahn today in court.

According to defense attorney Thanh Ngo, Landis did not have to be present since his charges are still considered misdemeanors.

Landis, 38, was charged with a 16th count of invasion of privacy during his pretrial motions hearing in September for allegedly filming students while using his restroom during parties he hosted at his Castro home in July 2013, Xpress previously reported.

During his motions and services hearing, Assistant District Attorney Laura Carwile issued an expanded protective order that required Landis to keep a distance of 150 yards and prohibited any form of contact with the victims.

Ngo, said that the protective order was excessive since Landis had not tried to contact any of the victims in the case.

Landis was an associate accounting professor at SF State from 2006 before his leave of absence in November 2013. He resigned from SF State July 18, days prior to his arrest, according to SF State spokesperson Ellen Griffin.

Thanh Ngo entered a not guilty plea to all 15 charges July 29 on behalf of the former professor.

Landis is scheduled to appear in court Jan. 6 at the Hall of Justice.

Written by
No comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.