Voting in San Francisco: where, when and how

Here are a few important dates and tips for San Francisco voters.

Monday, Oct. 24

The last day to register to vote is Monday, Oct. 24. Any voters who have changed their address, name or party affiliation must re-register by this day. You must be a citizen of the U.S., a resident of San Francisco and at least 18 years of age or older on the date of the election.

Monday, Nov. 1

Monday, Nov. 1 is the last day to request a vote by mail ballot. This request must be received by the Department of Elections by 5 p.m.

Early weekend voting is available at City Hall Oct. 29-30 and Nov. 5-6 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Tuesday, Nov. 8

Tuesday, Nov. 8 is election day. The polling place for students who live on campus is located at Temple Baptist Church at 3355 19th Ave. in front of Stonestown Galleria. There are also several polling places distributed throughout Parkmerced for residents.

Where to register to vote

Voter registration forms are available at any DMV office, selected local public libraries and city or county offices, the Department of Elections and any post office. You can also request a form online at the California Secretary of State’s website, or call the office at (415) 554-4411.

Where to vote

To find your local polling place visit the Department of Elections website. Polling places are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on election day. Vote by mail ballots must be received on that day by the Department of Elections or dropped off at a polling place by 8 p.m.

For more information on the ballot or registration, click here.