Case regarding SFSU student’s death moves forward

The man arrested in connection with an SFSU student’s death in March 2024 responded to the charges against him
Adriana Hernandez
Friends of Zoe Reidy-Watts enter the California Superior Court of Alameda on the previous court date, April 10, when the date was moved because of Victor Tyrone Frieson llI’s refusal to show up. (Adriana Hernandez/ Golden Gate Xpress)

The plea hearing of an Oakland man accused of murder and domestic violence in the death of San Francisco State University student Zoe Nika Reidy-Watts took place Friday morning.

Victor Tyrone Frieson lll, 27, pleaded not guilty to the charges nearly two months after his arrest on March 6, according to Superior Court of California public records in Alameda County. 

The public records also noted that Frieson, Reidy-Watts’ boyfriend, waived his rights to a pretrial exam within 10 days. Frieson remains in custody and continues to be held without bail, according to public records. 

On March 1 at 6:35 a.m., Reidy-Watts was found by Oakland police in Frieson’s home. It was reported that Reidy-Watts was unresponsive and had bruising and lacerations in a document provided by police.

The next court date is  for the pretrial hearing on July 12, 2024 at the Rene C. Davidson Alameda County Courthouse.

This is a developing story.