Walk out relives Third World Liberation Front strike of ’68

Oscar Rendon

(L-R) Raphael Clark-Faust, Gabriel Clark-Faust, and Rogelio Martin stand in front of the president’s office during a walkout in honor of the ’68 strikers at SF State on Thursday November 8, 2018. © (Oscar Rendon/GoldenGateXpress)

Students walked out of classes this afternoon and occupied the Administration Building to post a list of demands outside President Leslie Wong’s in remembrance of the 1968 student strike at SF State.

• San Francisco State Students gather outside of President Wong’s office during the student strike, in the Administration building on campus in San Francisco, Calif., on Thursday Nov. 8th 2018. (Evan Moses/Golden Gate Xpress)

• San Francisco State Students gather outside of President Wong’s office during the student strike to speak about their demands with Luoluo Hong, the Vice President of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management and Jason Porth, Vice President University Enterprises ,in the Administration building on campus in San Francisco, Calif., on Thursday Nov. 8th 2018. (Evan Moses/Golden Gate Xpress)

• Yuriko Castillian, 20, criminal justice major, San Francisco native speaks with Luoluo Hong, Vice President of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management, during a walkout in honor of the ’68 strikers at SF State on Thursday November 8, 2018. © (Oscar Rendon/GoldenGateXpress) “Separated from my only family member, my mother, in order to continue my education. Equipping the knowledge of the law to free my black brothers and sisters from the oppression of this institution and other institutions that suppress my people.”

• Sarah Coronado, double majoring in anthropology and criminal justice, marches alongside students participating in a walk out against current grievances in the SF State administration on Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018. (Amarah Hernandez/Golden Gate Xpress)

• Students participating in a walk out march to the Administration Building to express their greivances on Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018. (Amarah Hernandez/Golden Gate Xpress)

• Students participating in a walk out occupy the Administration Building to express their grievances on Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018. (Amarah Hernandez/Golden Gate Xpress)

• Two SF State police men stand on the outskirts of student protestors occupying the Administration Building on Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018. (Amarah Hernandez/Golden Gate Xpress)

• SF State students participate in a walk out in honor of the 50th anniversary of the of 1968 student strike on Nov. 8, 2018 (Camille Cohen/Special to Golden Gate Xpress).

• SF State students march towards the Administration Building to participate in a walk out in honor of the 50th anniversary of the 1968 student strike on Nov. 8, 2018 (Camille Cohen/Golden Gate Xpress).

• Damion Square leads student demonstrators through the Administration Building during a walk out in honor of the 50th anniversary of the 1968 student strike on Nov. 8, 2018 (Camille Cohen/Special to Golden Gate Xpress).

• Tiana “Isis” Dorsey writes a list of perceived failures of President Leslie Wong’s administration outside of his office during a walk out in honor of the 50th anniversary of the 1968 student strike on November 8, 2018. (Camille Cohen/Special to the Golden Gate Xpress)

• Students gather on the 5th floor of the Administration building at SF State in protest on Thursday, Nov. 8. (Adelyna Tirado/Golden Gate Xpress)

• Students chant on the 5th floor of the Administration building at SF State in protest on Thursday, Nov. 8. (Adelyna Tirado/Golden Gate Xpress)