Village housing evacuated after transformer malfunctions

Smoke coming from a malfunctioning transformer in The Village at Centennial Square has resulted in an evacuation of the building, according to University spokeswoman Ellen Griffin.

As of 1:15 p.m. today, the evacuation of Building A in The Village will continue until further notice while an assessment is completed on the source of the malfunction.


Please follow @XpressNews on Twitter for more updates, and let us know if you have been affected.