Woman reports indecent exposure at University Park South

A woman reported an indecent exposure incident at University Park South Thursday morning, according to a safety alert sent out to the campus community.

The woman was walking in a courtyard at the 1700 block of Holloway Avenue at 9:55 a.m. when she saw an unknown man walking ahead of her, according to the alert.

The victim reportedly walked behind the suspect into the carport, where he turned around and exposed himself to her.

The suspect, who was described as a Hispanic male wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and sweatpants, with a medium build and ear-length hair, was last seen walking out of the carport toward the courtyard, according to the alert.

A string of indecent exposures hit SF State last March, when multiple victims reported incidents near off-campus housing. The University issued an alert March 9 of a suspect who reportedly exposed himself to a female victim on the sidewalk at Arballo Drive near Pinto Drive, the Golden Gate Xpress reported. Two days later, a female victim reported seeing a man expose himself while he slowly drove past her behind 220 Buckingham Way, according to the Xpress.

Kaine Sinclair, 19, was arrested March 12 in connection with multiple counts of indecent exposure, including the incident reported March 9, after six victims came forward to the University Police Department. Police witnessed Sinclair exposing himself to a woman in Parkmerced and took him into custody, the Xpress reported.

SF State’s University Police Department has asked anyone with information about Thursday’s incident to come forward.